My Cousin Danny

Free Telephone Consultation


Divorce and Family Law

Why does a divorce have to be so expensive? It doesn’t.

Looking for a divorce lawyer in Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, or Cobb County? My Cousin Danny is happy to discuss a retainer if your case is truly uncontested. An uncontested case is one with zero conflict, and all of the Parties’ issues have been worked out. You will pay only the Court mandated filing fee and a set fee to My Cousin Danny to get divorced My Cousin Danny offers a flat fee divorce programs for Fulton County Georgia, DeKalb County Georgia, Gwinnett County Georgia, Cobb County Georgia and many other Counties; and the fee is dependent on the particular documents needed to finalize your case. That is to say that Parties with no children and not a lot of marital assets to divide will pay less that Parties with children; who need a Parenting Plan, Child Support Addendum and to file a Child Support Worksheet to finalize their divorce. With My Cousin Danny, flat fee does not mean a substandard divorce that will be challenged months after it is filed. Please 470-275-1500 call today, to see if you qualify for the flat fee program, and what your price would be.

What is the difference between an uncontested divorce and a contested divorce in DeKalb County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County or Cobb County, or within the State of Georgia?

An uncontested divorce case is one in which a signed settlement agreement (and other documents if the Parties have children) is submitted to the clerk’s office at the time the complaint for divorce is filed. The Parties are in full agreement on all issues and present everything at once for the Judge to review, approve and sign. All other cases are considered contested divorces.
Remember, not all cases will qualify for the flat fee pricing, but My Cousin Danny is still your best choice to resolve your case in your favor. If your divorce includes issues such as substance abuse; adultery; child custody disputes; disagreement over who will have final decision making authority regarding non-emergency health care, education, religious upbringing and or extra-curricular activities; non-agreement over alimony, disputes about premarital or separate property; disagreements over the division of marital property such as bank accounts, pension accounts, real property, cars, boats, art, timeshares, football season tickets, or household furnishings My Cousin Danny has the resolve, knowhow, expertise and experience to get you the best result for your particular situation.
Conversely if all of your issues are resolved My Cousin Danny will not charge you and arm and a leg. Call today 470-275-1500.

How long does a typical divorce take?

While there is no such thing as a “typical” divorce, the fastest a divorce can be finalized in Georiga is 31 days after the defendant has acknowledged service of the Summons, Petition for Divorce and Standing Order. Even if a settlement agreement is submitted earlier than 31 days after the acknowledgment the judge is required to wait until the 31st day before he or she will sign the Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce.

While 31 days is the fastest a divorce can be granted, a case with a number of issues needing to be resolved, may take anywhere from 2, 6, 8 months, or more. While many cases are resolved at the mediation stage or through negotiations, some cases will require a hearing for the Judge to decide any issues the Parties cannot resolve between themselves. My Cousin Danny is an experienced negotiator and seasoned litigator who is equipped to resolve your case no matter the issues or obstacles.

My Cousin Danny has the knowledge and experience to help you with many reoccurring issues and themes of divorce including: adultery, Annulment, Child Custody, Child Psychologist, Guardian Ad Litem, Child Support, co-parenting issues, contempt of court, Divorce (Flat Fee Divorce or contested Divorce), Father’s Rights, Grandparents Rights, Mediation, modification of custody, Psychological Evaluation, Temporary Hearings, alcoholism, substance abuse, Orders of protection, Military Pension Division Orders, Legitimation, alimony, division of the marital estate, allocation of marital debt, Paternity; Setting Aside a Prior Order; debt allocation; pension division; stock division; pre-marital property or any combination of the above. If you need counsel on any of these issues, I want to be you divorce attorney in Atlanta and all metro counties including Fulton County, Cobb County, Gwinnett County, Dekalb County.

My Cousin Danny is here to help you. Whether it is a flat fee uncontested divorce, a negotiated settlement or a full-blown trial My Cousin Danny is your guy.

Call to schedule a free phone consultation 470-275-1500


Common Legal Questions

How do I file for divorce?

A divorce is initiated by filing a Domestic Relations Case Initiation Form, Summons, and Petition for Divorce with the Court Clerk of the relevant County of the Parties; and paying a filing fee. Once a divorce is properly filed the Respondent (person not initiating the divorce) must be served with process.

How long before I get my license back?

It depends on your past driving history, your age, the class of driver’s license you have and the current charges against you.  As an example, for drivers over 21 years old a second, non-drug-related DUI conviction within five years of the prior conviction will result in DDS will suspending your license for three years.  Call to discuss the specifics of your case.

What Can i drive with a DUI?

Once again, it depends. If your DUI conviction was drug-related (the influence of drugs alone, or alcohol and drugs combined) you face different rules regarding license suspension. For a second DUI-Drug conviction in five years, DDS will issue a yearlong “hard suspension” of your license, meaning that you won’t be allowed to drive for 12 months, period. But if you enter an alternative sentencing program like a DUI or Drug Court, you might be eligible for limited permit.

Can I get 50/50 Custody?

In Georgia child custody has two components: legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody is the right and ability to talk to your child’s doctor, teachers and such. Think of it as the ability to have a say in their life. Physical custody is the person who the child primarily lives with.  Most divorcing parents will have joint legal custody (50/50 custody) of any minor children born of the marriage, while designating one parent as the physical custodian of the child or children.  However, it is possible to have 50/50 joint legal and physical custody.

How much does a divorce cost?

There is no magic answer to that question. Other than everybody paying the same filing fee to initiate a divorce each divorce contains different issues, different disputes and different personalities. The Parties to the divorce have the biggest influence on the final cost of the divorce.  Litigants who are fighting over silverware and toiletries out of spite for each other are likely to spend a larger amount that people who have resolved most of their issues.  High value divorces with stocks, multiple parcels of real property, business or large pre-marital assets will also cost more than divorces with less assets.  Lawyers sell their time. A divorce that takes more hours is going to cost more than a divorce that takes less hours. Let’s talk about your divorce so you will have an idea of the total cost.

Can i leave the state with my kids?

A well drafted parenting plan will cover contingencies and events you might not have though of. Interstate, intrastate and international travel are all issues that should be considered before signing any agreement.  Depending on the facts of your case out of state travel with your children should be permissible with reasonable notice to the child’s other parent. What is reasonable notice? Call me, and lets talk.    

Contact Us





Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Also by appointment


2323 Brockett Rd
Tucker, GA 30084

Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation

© 2019 Palumbo Law