My Cousin Danny

Free Telephone Consultation


Misdemeanor Defense Attorney My Cousin Danny

In DeKalb County Georgia, Fulton County Georgia, Gwinnett County Georgia, Cobb County Georgia and the State of Georgia a misdemeanor is a criminal charge that carries one year or less of possible incarceration. The maximum fine for a misdemeanor is $1,000.00 plus court costs, fees or surcharges. Misdemeanors vary from minor traffic violations to domestic violence and solicitation; to name a few.  An act that would have constituted a misdemeanor becomes a felony if a person has prior convictions for the same offense or if a certain dollar value is stolen or damaged.

For example, shoplifting becomes a felony if a person is arrested for shoplifting four times, or if the value of the goods taken is $500.00 or greater. Misdemeanors can become high and aggravated. These misdemeanors can have higher fines than $1,000.00. Certain misdemeanors carry with them mandatory penalties such as license suspensions and jail time. All traffic violations are misdemeanors.

Do you need a Lawyer? You sure do; 470-275-1500.

My Cousin Danny has the experience and knowledge to negotiate the best deal or to take your case to trial.  If you have been charged with Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs; Possession of Marijuana less than one ounce; Possession of Alcohol by a Minor; Distributing Alcohol to Any Person Under the Age of 21; Public Intoxication; Open Container; Domestic Violence; Assault; Battery; Misdemeanor Cruelty to Children; Disorderly Conduct; Prostitution; Sexual Battery; Solicitation for Prostitution; Public Indecency; Misdemeanor Vehicular Manslaughter; Misdemeanor Fleeing and Attempting to Elude; Any Moving Violation; Speeding; No Insurance; Reckless Driving; Texting and Driving; Aggressive Driving; Failure to Yield right of Way; Failure to Maintain Lane; Driving on a Suspended License; Criminal Trespass, Shoplifting; Loitering or any crime in DeKalb County Georgia, Fulton County Georgia, Gwinnett County Georgia, Cobb County Georgia, or anywhere in the State of Georgia or New York My Cousin Danny can help you. You have already made one mistake, don’t make another- call My Cousin Danny now 470-275-1500.

Disposing of the Case Before Trial

In some cases, even for people who have minor past criminal offenses on their criminal, many jurisdictions offer Pre-trial Intervention and Diversion programs that literally intervene, or divert away from the prosecution of your case.  Pre-trial diversion is available for misdemeanors and some low-level felonies; such as Violations of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (drug possession), Theft, fraud. Diversion is a great option for first-time offenders because if you successfully complete the terms of your diversion your case will be placed on the “dead docket” and the District Attorney’s Office will consent to have your arrest record expunged. If you have a criminal history you may still be eligible for probation in lieu of prison time. Have My Cousin Danny get you best outcome possible on your DeKalb County Georgia, Fulton County Georgia, Gwinnett County Georgia, Cobb County Georgia, or anywhere in the State of Georgia or New York case.

Do you need a Lawyer? You sure do; 470-275-1500.

Common Legal Questions

How do I file for divorce?

A divorce is initiated by filing a Domestic Relations Case Initiation Form, Summons, and Petition for Divorce with the Court Clerk of the relevant County of the Parties; and paying a filing fee. Once a divorce is properly filed the Respondent (person not initiating the divorce) must be served with process.

How long before I get my license back?

It depends on your past driving history, your age, the class of driver’s license you have and the current charges against you.  As an example, for drivers over 21 years old a second, non-drug-related DUI conviction within five years of the prior conviction will result in DDS will suspending your license for three years.  Call to discuss the specifics of your case.

What Can i drive with a DUI?

Once again, it depends. If your DUI conviction was drug-related (the influence of drugs alone, or alcohol and drugs combined) you face different rules regarding license suspension. For a second DUI-Drug conviction in five years, DDS will issue a yearlong “hard suspension” of your license, meaning that you won’t be allowed to drive for 12 months, period. But if you enter an alternative sentencing program like a DUI or Drug Court, you might be eligible for limited permit.

Can I get 50/50 Custody?

In Georgia child custody has two components: legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody is the right and ability to talk to your child’s doctor, teachers and such. Think of it as the ability to have a say in their life. Physical custody is the person who the child primarily lives with.  Most divorcing parents will have joint legal custody (50/50 custody) of any minor children born of the marriage, while designating one parent as the physical custodian of the child or children.  However, it is possible to have 50/50 joint legal and physical custody.

How much does a divorce cost?

There is no magic answer to that question. Other than everybody paying the same filing fee to initiate a divorce each divorce contains different issues, different disputes and different personalities. The Parties to the divorce have the biggest influence on the final cost of the divorce.  Litigants who are fighting over silverware and toiletries out of spite for each other are likely to spend a larger amount that people who have resolved most of their issues.  High value divorces with stocks, multiple parcels of real property, business or large pre-marital assets will also cost more than divorces with less assets.  Lawyers sell their time. A divorce that takes more hours is going to cost more than a divorce that takes less hours. Let’s talk about your divorce so you will have an idea of the total cost.

Can i leave the state with my kids?

A well drafted parenting plan will cover contingencies and events you might not have though of. Interstate, intrastate and international travel are all issues that should be considered before signing any agreement.  Depending on the facts of your case out of state travel with your children should be permissible with reasonable notice to the child’s other parent. What is reasonable notice? Call me, and lets talk.    

Contact Us





Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Also by appointment


2323 Brockett Rd
Tucker, GA 30084

Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation

© 2019 Palumbo Law